Queer Cultural Center’s leadership has been in constant communication about this shifting public health crisis, and we recently made the hard decision to postpone the National Queer Arts Festival. We want to center public health and community safety. Some shows may be produced in the fall, and we will share when those come to fruition.
Our work continues. This will be our landing page to provide resources for resilience and resistance. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any information to share that benefits QPOC artists and our community at large. Some resources will be posted here, others shared on our social media.
Support QCC! The individuals we support through our grants, shows, and capacity support are predominately queer people of color. Many folx were already struggling month to month. Your support will enable us to get more money to artists who will lose tens of thousands of dollars from the festival cancellation. We are in the process of determining how the funds will be distributed based on highest need.
Share community-sourced resources. Most of these lists are driven by artists and organizers, and we know how to be resilient.
- Asian Americans for Civil Rights and Equality Network has a massive resource list organized by category of support. Primarily focused on the Bay Area. (Transparency note: Our Communications Director, Mia Nakano, is on the leadership team of AACRE)
- Bay Area LGBTQ+ Covid 19 Relief: new website and resources
- Bay Area Mutual Aid dynamic map with offers and asks for resources and support
- Covid-19 and Freelance Artists focuses on support specifically for artists
- Findhelp.org a database of services and programs searchable by zipcode, national database
- Rad Comms Network and collaborators created a database of localized resources, also organized by category of support and region of the country
- Artwork Archive: financial relief for artists
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts: relief fund for artists who had shows cancelled
- Patreon rapid response grant: supports artists affected by Covid-19
- SFAC + GFTA: relief fund for artists and loans for non-profits
- San Francisco Foundation: emergency fund for non-profits
- SF Queer Nightlife Fund: provides financial relief to workers in the nightlife industry for as long as the current crisis continues. This includes bartenders, servers, drag performers, production and lighting designers, and more
- Theater Bay Area: Performing arts worker relief fund
- Zellerbach Family Foundation’s latest newsletter links to regional foundation’s rapid response grants
Online Gatherings & Workshops
- Training for Change: free online trainings with a social justice and racial equity lens
- Transgender Law Center: community gatherings on Fridays with rotating topics and facilitators
Organization Resource Lists
- California Arts Council’s resource topics include emergency funding, tools for artists & arts organizations, event planning, general resources, small business resources, and arts community forums
- NCLR’s know your rights in the time of Covid-19 document
- Freelancers and sick leave
- Self-employment and collecting unemployment
- Convert small business loan to grant
- Radically Fit, queer owned oakland gym has uploaded free online workouts
- There’s a google chrome extension called Netflix Party that allows folx to gather together virtually and watch Netflix at the same time. Read on here!
- Into the opera? the Met has got you covered
- Take a virtual tour of museums from around the world
- Visit national parks, online!